Ottawa – Ottawa City Hall’s Marion Dewar Plaza is the place to be this summer with free weekly programs and special events for every taste and interest, morning noon and night.
“Whether it is the winter or the summer, inside or outside, we are making City Hall a real people place,” said Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson. “This summer will feature some great new attractions for residents of all ages.”
“The schedule of activities at City Hall this summer showcases a diversity of cultural and recreational talent in Ottawa,” said Councillor Mark Taylor, Chair of Community and Protective Services Committee.
“I hope everyone makes plans to visit Ottawa City Hall sometime this summer.”
Regular programming begins July 9 and ends August 27, except where otherwise noted. All events listed are free. No registration required. For more information on all of these events visit the City’s website, ottawa.ca
(This list does not include events at City Hall hosted by outside organizations which may require fees or registration.)
– 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. – YM-YWCA Outdoor Boot Camp
– Noon to 1 p.m.- Hatha Yoga
– 2 to 9 p.m. – Summer Art Market
– 7:30 to 9 p.m. Circus Jam
– Noon to 1 p.m. – Taoist Tai-chi
– Noon to 1 p.m. – performances by Odyssey Theatre
– Running clinics (Time TBD)
– 6 to 11 p.m. – Outdoor Salsa, sponsored by Azucar! Latin Dance Company and Salsa Force
– 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.- Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health’s Pow Wow Pump
– 6 to 9 p.m .(July 11 to August 1) – Be in the Band (in partnership with RBC Bluesfest)
In addition to the weekly schedule, additional free special events are planned, including:
– Roller Derby Weekend
– Silent Movie Night
– Chamberfest Music
– Creative Mornings… and more!
Ottawa City Hall, located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, is home to the Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame, the Barbara Ann Scott exhibit, the Rink of Dreams and host to a number of community and special events and festivals. It has quickly become the people place for all seasons.