City of Ottawa named one of the top employers – locally and nationally
The City of Ottawa has been recognized as one of the best employers in Canada and the Ottawa-Gatineau region. The City ranked 20th in Forbes Media’s Canada’s Best Employers list and it was also named one of the the National Capital Region’s Top Employers.
The National Capital Region’s Top Employers is an annual competition where the editors at Mediacorp evaluate and select the region’s top workplaces, according to eight criteria.
The City of Ottawa was recognized for these key attributes:
- Providing employees with comprehensive pay and health benefit packages.
- Managing recognition programs that honour and celebrate exceptional employee performances, contributions and achievements.
- Creating a collaborative and supportive work environment for employees to actively contribute and realize their full potential.
- Operating programs that focus on employee and workplace health and wellness – including access to supports and resources on physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- Providing family-friendly policies that support new and adoptive parents.
The City of Ottawa and all the other top employers in our region will be profiled in a special insert in today’s Ottawa Citizen.
“We are proud to be recognized as a workplace that supports and empowers our employees, who contribute to make Ottawa a vibrant, healthy and safe city in which to live, play and work. Our talented employees serve with pride and passion to deliver programs and services that touch the lives of our residents each and every day.”
Mayor Jim Watson, City of Ottawa
“At the City of Ottawa, our people are our priority. We are committed to developing and empowering our employees in an environment that supports collaboration, innovation and wellbeing. We ensure that our employees have the skills, tools and resources they need to deliver excellent service to our residents, visitors and businesses.”
Steve Kanellakos, City Manager